There’s no better time than it is now, to make your presence over the internet felt and reach a mass of audience either to promote your business or showcase your talent to the world.
But one is often confronted with many common questions like- Where to buy domain from? , Which hosting service to buy? that best meets one’s purpose.
Now here in this blog we will discuss about the Cheap & Best hosting and domain provider in 2021, but it is important for us to understand some basic concepts of hosting services and domain names to make things easier on the go.
Here I have made all efforts to explain these concepts in brief & to help you to make the right purchase decision.
So let’s get started with the basic terminologies first.
What is web hosting and how does it work?
Web hosting is a service that allows individuals or companies to make their website visible and available on the World Wide Web. The web hosts are companies that provide space & required technologies to individuals or companies to place their websites over servers owned or leased by the hosts to be available on the internet across the globe.
The storage places where these websites are stored is known as servers, and whenever anybody wishes to visit your website the same simply types in the website address or domain name in its search browser and then their computer is connected to your server through the internet connection and ultimately your website is delivered or made available to them.
6 popular types of web hosting services in 2021
You can read about these hosting services in detail by clicking on the hyperlinks given on them.
Here we will only discuss about the most popular and often used hosting type that is related to us i.e. Web shared hosting– It is an arrangement where several websites are kept on one server.
Check the details of best hosting services offered here:
There are 3 web shared hosting plans and you can choose the plan as per your need or business’s need.
1. Single Web Hosting– Offer price of Rs.79/month for 1 year after 74% discount offer, without free domain and with free SSL certificate and WordPress website management feature. This plan is suitable for beginners.
2. Premium Web Hosting– Offer price of Rs.179/month for 1 year after 60% discount offer, along with free domain, and SSL certificate and WordPress website management feature. This plan is suitable for making personal websites such as Thewriteyouth.com.
3. Business Web Hosting-Offer price of Rs.279/month for 1 year after 53% discount offer, along with free domain, and SSL certificate and WordPress website management feature. This plan is suitable for making websites for small and medium business enterprises.
There are many other benefits being offered by Hostinger which you can see at by clicking at the Hostinger hyperlink.
When you visit this host’s website you will see different types of hosting plans as stated above already, but the one that is most popularly used and is best suited to personal websites and small and medium businesses is the web shared hosting services.
The prices of the plans shared by Hostgator over its website is different for US location and India location. The prices offered for US location is cheaper in comparison to the similar plans offered in India.
Presently it is offering 4 shared web hosting plans at the below prices:
1. Starter– Rs. 239/month for 1 year after 20% discount and with 1 domain and without SSL certificate.
2. Hatchling– Rs.399/month for 1 year after 20% discount and 1 domain and without SSL Certificate.
3. Baby– Rs. 499/ month for 1 year after 20% discount, with unlimited domain but no SSL Certificate.
4. Business– Rs.639/month for 1 year after 20% discount with unlimited domain and free SSL Certificate.
There are many other benefits being offered by Hostgator which you can see at by clicking at the Hostgator hyperlink.
Blue host is also one of the most popular web hosting provider that is providing up-to 65% discount on web hosting.
Bluehost is providing 3 shared web hosting plan as under:
1. Basic– This plan is ideal for small blog or website and its price is Rs. 179/month for 3 years in which free domain services for 1 year and free SSL certificate is also being provided. In addition to this it also provides free SEO tools.
2. Plus– This plan is great for small business and is priced at Rs. 299/month for 3 years in which free domain services for 1 year and free SSL certificate is also being provided. In addition to this it also provides free advanced SEO tools and unlimited websites can be hosted.
3. Choice Plus– This plan is great for growing business and is priced at Rs. 299/month for 3 years in which free domain services for 1 year and free SSL certificate is also being provided. In addition to this it also provides free advanced SEO tools, free domain privacy, free website backup and unlimited websites can be hosted.
There are several other benefits being offered by Bluehost which you can see at by clicking at the Bluehost hyperlink.
Note: The above mentioned offers and prices may change subject to the discretion of the above mentioned host, it is recommended to kindly verify the information by visiting these hosts through the hyperlink details given upon them.
An SSL certificate is a security certificate that depicts that is the acknowledgement that the website has a secure connection. It enables the website to move from HTTP to HTTPS. If the host does not provide the SSL certificate along with the purchase of the hosting service then the same can be additionally purchased for a nominal price. SSL certificates play an important role in today’s highly insecure internet world where safety of users data is of prime importance. Simply the presence of the SSL certificate speaks for the data safety feature over a website. The below lock sign is a representation of presence SSL certificate or a secure connection.
What is domain name server
For getting your website hosted you need to contact the hosting provider i.e. the company that will provide you with requisite technology, service & storage space on its server to publish your website on the world-wide-web, but before you move forward to get your website hosted, you need to own a domain name for your website that acts as a unique address for your website that cannot be used by anybody else except you. It can be understood to be similar to your unique home address, similarly it is your website’s address over the internet or the World-wide-web that is searched in the internet browser of any company.
The domain name is a sequence of letters or numbers or hyphens that is separated by one or more periods (“.”) this acts as a pointer to a unique numerical address (IP) on a computer network.
A domain could be a customer domain such as Thewriteyouth.com where I have bought a domain of my choice that simply represents my ownership, but there are still options of buying sub-domains owing to their low prices or no prices charged by the host service provider for instance if I own a server and somebody wishes to buy a sub domain from me it would seem like “ABC”.Thewriteyouth.com, where the initials like ABC represent the person’s own address that is ultimately contained within the website “Thewriteyouth.com”.
Types of domain name System in computer networks:
Top-Level Domain names refers to the suffix of a domain name. A list of some suffixes is given below:
.com – commercial business (the most common TLD)
.org – organizations (typically, nonprofit)
.gov – government agencies
.edu – educational institutions
.net – network organizations
.mil – military
TLDs are usually bifurcated into two broad categories:
- The Generic Top-Level Domain (gTLDs) identifies the domain class it is associated with (.com, .org, .edu, etc).
- The Country Code Top-Level Domain (ccTLD) is only a two-letter domain extension, such as .uk or .fr, assigned to a country, geographic location or territory.
- There is a new classification also i.e. (nTLD)
The new top-level domain names that are focused towards brands organizations and services, and they are more customized, flexible and relevant. Some of them are “.voyage”, “.app”, “.ninja”, “.cool”, etc.
Best domain and hosting provider?
You need to pay an annual fees to register and buy a domain name. When the registration period expires for the domain bought, be same will be given an option to renew. If you do not renew the domain name by paying the required fees then the domain name will be longer belong to you and will be sold to others.
Well there are many domain name registrars or sellers available these days over the internet , but hostinger, godaddy.com and NameCheap are among the most popular registrars over internet these days. I have personally bought my domain from hostinger as the same provides many value added services upon taking its hosting such as free domain name, SSL certificate at very reasonable price and the dashboard provided by it is very interactive and user friendly.